Freeway Insurance is an insurance brokerage firm that claims to be the largest such business in the US. The company offers insurance options and discounts to consumers with advisors that can help consumers select the policy that suits their needs. The company is accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. However, there are a lot of complaints about the company’s business practices. These complaints range from using subpar insurance companies, not being forthright with their fees, poor customer service, and adding in unexpected charges. Because of these complaints, it is strongly advised that you should be very cautious when seeking auto insurance with the company.
- You can purchase auto insurance online from Freeway.
- Provides SR-22 certification and insurance.
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
- Compares rates from several different auto insurance companies to help you get the best rate. (However, some of these insurance companies may be subpar.)
- Caters to Spanish-speaking drivers.
- Freeway does claim to have affiliation with reputable carriers such as AllState, Geico, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, Progressive, State Farm.
- There have been claims that Freeway does not accurately disclose their broker fees.
- There have also been complaints that every insurance company that Freeway works with is not reputable. For instance, Western General is an insurance company with which the company works that has more than 10 times the median number of complaints; this means that this company’s customers were very dissatisfied with their service compared to other insurance companies its size.
- Known for adding in unanticipated fees.
- Only has offices in 12 states. Freeway Insurance has offices in Arizona, California, Florida, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, Texas, Wisconsin. Lack of brick and mortar offices can lead to a major hassle when dealing with a company that is known for its poor customer service.
Freeway Insurance is a brokerage firm that claims to offer very affordable rates on car insurance. Buying auto insurance from a brokerage firm might have advantages and disadvantages. Its slogan is “Coverage That Doesn’t Cost a Fortune.” Furthermore, the company claims that its low rates and excellent customer service even extends to hard to insure drivers. The company insures people with accident, tickets, a DUI, and those who are in need of SR-22 insurance, which is usually expensive. It is questionable, however, that Freeway offers good customer service. In fact, this is an area in which Freeway is strongly criticized.
The Value Equation ($$$)
The price of auto insurance is normally one of the primary factors that consumers look at when deciding on a car insurance company. This is especially true for consumers who utilize auto insurance brokerage firms which shop around for the best rate on their behalf. Some of the primary factors that Freeway and the insurance companies that they deal with will take into account are your age, your driving record, your credit history, your address, and your coverage options.
Freeway holds itself out as a company that can save you hundreds on your car insurance. Although some of the insurance companies that Freeway uses to do this may be questionable, the fact that Freeway will save you money does, in fact, seem to be true.
To get a quote from Freeway Insurance, you can go to its website and input your information. You can also call 1-800-777-5620.
Because Freeway is an insurance brokerage rather than a traditional auto insurance company, its rates depend in part to the car insurance company Freeway works with on your policy; thus, Freeway does not have any set rates. It is important to note that in addition to the auto insurance company’s policy premium, Freeway’s rate include broker fees as well.
Freeway offers several discounts which consumers may qualify for to lower their car insurance premium. These are the discounts that Freeway lists in their website.
- Good Driver
- Student Discount
- Military Discount
- Multi-Policy Discount
- Multi-Car Discount
The carriers that they use may have some more discounts that apply if you choose that policy.
Similar to other auto insurance companies, the discounts that you qualify for with Freeway Auto Insurance are mostly determined when you obtain the policy. However, you can add discounts you become eligible for later to save on your rate. Furthermore, just like with any other car insurance company, you must remain qualified for the discounts that you receive throughout the life of the policy to maintain the discount.
An auto insurance company / brokerage’s claims satisfaction rating is just as important as price when shopping for quality auto insurance. Freeway does not have a claims satisfaction rating by J.D. Power, however, the company has received some very serious negative complaints.
How easy is it to file a claim with Freeway?
You cannot file a claim with Freeway online. You have to call your insurance agent in order to file a claim.
The level of customer satisfaction may be rather low with a number of Freeway customers. Some of the things that the company has been accused of include not disclosing broker fees accurately, not cancelling policies the company claims to have cancelled, and charging consumers without supplying them with a policy. These are some very serious violations of consumer trust that should cause any potential customer of Freeway to proceed with caution.
Freeway list the types of car insurance coverage that the company offers on its website. These coverage options include:
- Full Coverage Auto Insurance
- Liability Insurance Coverage
- Collision Insurance Coverage
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- No Fault Insurance
- Optional Insurance Coverage
Some individual insurance companies with whom they work may have other coverage options.
In addition to traditional automobiles, the company can also help you find insurance for commercial automobiles, motorcycles, watercrafts, ATVs and snowmobiles. The company also helps secure property insurance such as renters insurance, homeowners insurance, motorhome insurance, and landlord insurance. You can also obtain business insurance, life insurance, identity theft insurance, and health insurance.
Freeway’s website experience is okay. The website contains information on the types of insurance the company offers, the auto insurance coverage options and the discounts the company offers. You can obtain a quote online or by phone. You can purchase your policy online as well. You may also be able to pay your bill online depending on your insurance carrier. You cannot, however, manage your policy through Freeway’s website, view your ID cards, or file a claim.
The Bottom Line
- Freeway auto insurance is an insurance brokerage that claims to offer low cost auto insurance as well as auto insurance to high risk drivers. The company has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau but it also has a number of serious complaints.
- In addition to auto insurance, the company also offers property insurance, health insurance, business insurance, life insurance, and identity theft insurance. Although the company only has offices in 12 states. You can secure insurance from Freeway online from any state.
- Freeway has some serious complaints levied against it which includes not accurately disclosing broker fees, working with less than reputable insurance companies, not cancelling policies when it claims to have done so, charging unexpected fees, and charging customers without supplying them with a policy. For these reasons, Freeway is not recommended. You should look for a more reputable auto insurance company to handle your claims.