Gabi is an insurance broker that got started in 2016 and, although young, has already made big strides. Drivers in every state can get auto coverage quotes and if the reviews are any indication, Gabi works hard to maintain its reputation as an incredibly convenient, money-saving agency.
- About Gabi
- Gabi Ratings & Consumer Complaints
- How to Get Car Insurance Quotes With Gabi?
- The Pros & Cons of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes with Gabi
- Types of Auto Insurance Through Gabi
Gabi (Gabi Personal Insurance Agency, Inc.) is an online insurance broker based in San Francisco, California. As a licensed insurance agency, Gabi works with more than 20 insurance providers to serve drivers in all 50 states. Consumers can get quotes from Nationwide, Progressive, Travelers, Safeco, National General, and more. Buying car insurance from a broker offers several benefits, one of which is that brokers can help you compare quotes from insurance companies that they work with (in this case, you can compare quotes from 20+ companies that Gabi works with)
Gabi is funded by SV Angel, Canvas Ventures, Correlation Ventures, Securian Financial Group, Northwestern Mutual, A Capital, Project A and a group of angels. As such, they don’t push any one insurance provider over the other. However, they are upfront about how they do get paid by insurance companies, which is with referral fees when they sell policies.
Gabi Ratings & Consumer Complaints
Gabi is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has an A rating with the BBB. Reviews are positive with four stars and fewer than three complaints. For example, customer reviews focus on:
- Customers saving money.
- Stress-free comparison process.
- Company and agent helpfulness.
Likewise, positive reviews dominate on Gabi.com. Of the nearly 2,000 reviews, customers rave about:
- Saving money.
- Appreciation for Gabi representatives keeping an eye on the market.
How to Get Car Insurance Quotes With Gabi?
You’ll begin the quote comparison process online using Gabi’s extremely streamlined website.
Before you begin, note there are only two ways to enter your current auto insurance information:
- Connect your current car insurance account by entering that account’s username/email and password.
- Upload a .PDF of your insurance policy’s declarations page.
By seeing the specific details of your current auto insurance policy, Gabi is able to find you cheaper quotes for policies that have comparable or better coverage than your current policy.
For some consumers, this is a dream. When you link your accounts or upload your declarations page, Gabi can upload your current insurance information for you, and it makes applying for quotes much quicker.
For others, giving a third-party company access to their account might not be ideal (but it should be noted the company has stated in other reviews they don’t have the ability to make any changes to consumers’ current insurance policies). Uploading the declarations page seems less intrusive, but you’ll need to take a couple minutes to download that page from your current insurance account.
Be ready to enter details about yourself and any other driver, your vehicle, and your auto insurance.
Yourself & Other Drivers
|Your Current Auto Insurance|
full name, address, birth date, gender; marital status; occupation; driver license state; driver license number; any violations in last 60 days;
email address, phone number.
vehicle make, model, year; whether you own, make payments, or lease; what you mostly use the car for; estimated annual mileage; parking zip code; vehicle identification number.
enter account information or upload declarations page; otherwise mark that you don’t have coverage.
You’ll also be prompted to choose what kind of coverage you want: state minimum, good, or the best with different levels of coverage.
Once you provide the required information, you should get your quotes in about two minutes; however, if you enter insurance account information or upload a declarations page that Gabi’s system can’t immediately read, it could take up to 48 hours for your quotes.
After you get your quotes, choose which policy sounds promising to you and Gabi will walk you through getting a final quote* from that company.
In the meantime, expect a summary email from Gabi and possibly a few text messages welcoming you and summarizing the quotes.
* The first quotes you receive from Gabi aren’t final. Your final premiums can change based on the difference between what you reported to Gabi and what the insurance providers see when they finalize the underwriting — such as details on your driving record. Gabi states an advisor will send you a final confirmed quote for your review and approval before it’s time to decide and purchase a policy.
Comparing quotes is the best way to shop for car insurance and there are several ways to compare quotes from different insurance companies. Working with a broker representing several insurance companies is a good way. Gabi makes it even better, its algorithm will do the comparison and will only recommend you the quote cheaper than your current one.
The Pros & Cons of Comparing Car Insurance Quotes with Gabi
- Incredibly clean and streamlined website. No junk; straight to the point.
- Fairly quick quotes process, even if you don’t connect your current insurance account (think fewer than 10 minutes).
- A Gabi agent will handle policy updates and claims for you, or you can work directly with the provider.
- If Gabi can’t find savings based on what you currently have, they simply congratulate you on having the lowest premium.
- Process to provide your current car insurance information.*
- Don’t work with as many insurance providers as other online brokers (yet).**
- Could take up to 48 hours to get your quotes.**
- Customer service response time seems hit or miss whether email, phone, or website chat.
* Some consumers might not like providing account login information or uploading their insurance declarations page; others might not mind.
** Gabi currently works with over 20 providers, whereas some other brokers work with 50+. Although Gabi works with some solid companies, this lower number limits consumer options. The more companies they work with, the more likely they will find cheaper quotes for consumers.
*** You won’t get an immediate quote if Gabi can’t easily access your current insurance account or read your declarations document.
Types of Auto Insurance Through Gabi
The Zebra provides quotes for everything from state minimum liability coverage to full coverage packages:
- Liability Coverage.
- Collision/Comprehensive Coverage.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP).
- Roadside Assistance.
- Rental Reimbursement.
- Full Glass Coverage.
Gabi can also find you discounts for deciding to bundle multiple policies; as such, they provide quotes for:
- Motorcycle Insurance.
- Homeowner Insurance.
- Condo Insurance.
- Renters Insurance.
- RV Insurance.
Given the quick turnaround time, stellar reviews, and lack of commitment, there’s no reason we can think of to not try your luck with Gabi.