Drivers can use insuranceQuotes to get matched with the insurance companies and agents that best suit their coverage needs, as well as find a wealth of helpful articles and tools to help them better understand and navigate the insurance buying process.
About insuranceQuotes (insurancequotes.com)
insuranceQuotes is an insurance comparison and lead generation website that works to:
- Match you with car insurance companies best suited for your coverage needs.
- Connect you with insurance agents who want to help you find the best policy.
The website serves drivers in all 50 states and partners with car insurance giants like Progressive, State Farm, Farmers, Liberty Mutual, Travelers, and more.
insuranceQuotes is a sibling website to netQuote — both owned by All Web Leads, Inc. — and works in much the same way. You provide details about yourself, your vehicle, and your desired car coverage and insuranceQuotes matches you with a handful of companies as well as sends your information to insurance agents who can work with you to get quotes and coverage.
insuranceQuotes Ratings & Consumer Complaints
All Web Leads, Inc. (the parent business name for insuranceQuotes.com, netQuote.com, Insurance Shopping Network, InsureMe, and other related companies) is featured with the Better Business Bureau twice. We’re focusing on just the listing that features insuranceQuotes.com specifically.
insuranceQuotes itself isn’t featured on the Better Business Bureau website, but its parent company — All Web Leads, Inc. — is featured, with an A+ BBB rating. All Web Leads, Inc. has more than 20 reviews averaging one star and more than 55 customer complaints.
It’s difficult to see how the BBB reviews and complaints benefit customers researching insuranceQuotes for two reasons: 1) the reviews are on the main All Web Leads BBB page, which encompasses several websites owned by All Web Leads, and 2) the bulk of the complaints are from agents who are unhappy with the leads; not from customers looking for insurance quotes.
Also, insuranceQuotes isn’t featured on any other well-known consumer review websites such as Clearsurance, HighYa, or ConsumersAdvocate.
How to Get Car Insurance Quotes With insuranceQuotes
Like many lead generation websites, insuranceQuotes doesn’t provide you with car insurance quotes, per se. Instead, they gather information from you and use it to match you with insurance companies and agents who will give you quotes based on your details.
You can provide insuranceQuotes with this information about yourself and any other drivers, your vehicle, and your current and desired car insurance by phone or on the website.
- Yourself and Other Drivers: full name; date of birth; gender; marital status; driver’s license status; education; occupation; military status; credit rating; home ownership; address; phone number; email address.
- Vehicles: Make; model; year; own, finance, or lease.
- Your current auto insurance: whether you’re currently covered; current provider; how long you’ve been covered; whether you need SR-22; any incidents in the last three years; levels of coverage you want.
insuranceQuotes doesn’t ask for some of the details a few other comparison websites request, such as your vehicle’s primary use and daily mileage, or even whether you own, finance, or lease the vehicle. This kind of information could seriously affect a person’s insurance premiums.
For example, a driver who owns their vehicle, drives fewer than the average number of miles per year, and doesn’t use the vehicle for Lyft would most likely be more attractive to car insurance agents — and get lower premium quotes — than a driver who’s still making payments, drive the average or more number of miles annually, and uses their vehicle for Uber on the side.
insuranceQuotes claims customers typically get up to four “offers”; we received three. After providing our details, we were prompted to continue with at least two of the companies we were matched up with. At this point, you select the company you want to pursue first and are connected to that company’s website where you’re prompted to enter many of the same details you originally provided insuranceQuotes. You’ll then receive your actual auto insurance quote.
Right after we received phone calls from 3 agents who have purchased our contact information from insuranceQuotes. One works with State Far; one with AllState; and the last one is an independent insurance broker that works with Century 21, Progressive, and Mercury. All are trying to convince us to work with them to buy the car insurance policy from the companies that they work with. We find it quite easy to work with all three to get quotes and compare quotes from these companies.
We also got quotes from Progressive’s and Geico’s websites following the links on insuranceQuotes. The whole process is quite time-consuming with 2 websites and 3 agents. However, we are able to save $492 a year on our car insurance policy with Geico who provides us with the cheapest out of 7 quotes.
The Pros & Cons of Getting Quotes from insuranceQuotes
- Initial quote flow process is quick; fewer than three minutes.
- Website is packed with educational articles and informational tools including a Car vs. Car Insurance Shopping Tool, a Traffic Tickets & Car Insurance Calculator, and a Car Insurance Claim Calculator.
- They provide a lot of information about potential discounts.
- Website doesn’t provide actual quotes; they connect you to various insurance companies’ websites and agents who can provide you with quotes from the companies that work with.
- You have to provide most of the same details or more to the actual insurance company, which increases the amount of time it takes to get a quote.
- Not much of an online presence in terms of reviews, but reviews you can find are from agents who aren’t satisfied with the leads.
Types of Insurance Through insuranceQuotes
insuranceQuotes connects you with insurance agents and providers that give you auto insurance quotes.
What’s more, you can also request quotes for:
- Homeowners Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Group Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Business Insurance
Aside from the abundance of educational materials and helpful tools, using insuranceQuotes to compare auto coverage feels the same as using netQuotes. We aren’t advising you to skip it, but we aren’t advising you to ignore the multitude of other comparison websites, either.
More Car Insurance Comparison Website (or Marketplace) Reviews :