Founded in 1955, Infinity Auto Insurance specializes in insuring nonstandard drivers. The company’s headquarters is in Birmingham, Alabama. Infinity states that it targets the urban Hispanic population in Los Angeles and Miami, thus, all its website information is available in English and Spanish. Infinity’s auto insurance rates are excessive, even for nonstandard drivers. Infinity may be a good auto insurance company for nonstandard drivers who are looking for a company that caters to urban Hispanics and does not care about rates.
- The company has partnered with over 12,500 independent agents to sell their insurance.
- Rated an A by A.M. Best for financial strength.
- Caters to the urban Hispanic community.
- Infinity does have actual brick and mortar stores for people who prefer to have their insurance needs handled in person.
- Better Business Bureau rates Infinity an A-
- Also has property insurance, life insurance, business insurance and umbrella insurance.
- Infinity’s rates are significantly higher than companies such as Geico and Progressive.
- The company’s rates are also considered to be in the high end compared to other nonstandard insurers
- Far more than the median number of complaints regarding its auto insurance according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Infinity auto insurance is an auto insurance company that cater to nonstandard drivers of the urban Hispanic population who have enough means not to be concerned with getting the best rates. And these are probably the only drivers who should consider obtaining insurance from this company due to the rates.
Infinity does, however, do more than the traditional auto insurance company to contribute to the community, especially the Hispanic community. The company sponsors a bilingual literacy program.
The Value Equation ($$$)
The cost of car insurance is one of the primary factors that consumers look at when trying to decide on a car insurance company. Different car insurance companies have their own rates. Thus, the amount you pay for car insurance depends on the company’s rate range plus additional personal factors. Factors that are taken into account when determining your rate include your age, where you live, the type of car you drive, your driving history, and your coverage options.
To get a quote from Infinity, you can simply go to their website. If you are satisfied with your quote, you can even purchase auto insurance from Infinity online without going through an agent.
Here is a glimpse of how Infinity’s annual premiums compare with two large national auto insurance providers, Geico and Progressive.
|Drivers in 20s||$5,392||$1,413||$2,247|
|Drivers in 30s||$3,892||$1,200||$2,253|
|Drivers in 40s||$3,934||$1,174||$1,623|
|Drivers with an at-fault accident||$4,330||$2,518||$2,173|
|Drivers with DUI/DWI||$5,910||$2,216||$2,432|
|Drivers with speeding ticket||$4,028||$1,829||$2,679|
Infinity’s rates are significantly higher than the other two companies in every category listed. Thus, Infinity may not be a good selection of auto insurance company for anyone who is concerned about rates.
Like its coverage options, Infinity’s discounts are not listed on its website. However, the discounts that they may offer include:
- Multiple Vehicle Discount
- Safe Driver Discount
- Anti-Theft Discount
- Vehicle Safety Discount
- Student Discount
- Senior Discount
- Group savings
- Full/Automatic Payment
An auto insurance company’s claims satisfaction rating is just as important as its rates when selecting an auto insurance company. And just like Infinity’s rates are disappointing, so is its level of customer satisfaction. J.D. Power does not have a rating for Infinity auto insurance. However, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Infinity had far more complaints that the median number for an insurance company of its size in 2018. This means that Infinity experienced significantly more dissatisfied customers than the average similarly sized company. In fact, this company’s complaint ratio is more than five times the national average for a company its size.
Infinity does not list its coverage options on its website, and you must initiate receiving a quote to find out what coverage the company offers. The company may offer basic coverage options. Here are the coverage options we found.
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Liability
- Personal Injury
- Medical Payments
- Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist
- Rental Car Reimbursement
In addition to traditional automobiles, Infinity also insures motorcycles, ATVs, recreational vehicles, boats, and classic cars.
Infinity also offers property insurance. You can purchase homeowners insurance for a home condo or mobile home. Furthermore, you can obtain renters insurance and flood insurance through the company.
Additionally, infinity offers life insurance, and umbrella insurance.
Moreover, you can obtain Business Insurance for Infinity. The business insurance policies that you can obtain include commercial auto, commercial general liability, and a business owner’s policy.
Infinity also offers DriverClub which has a 24/7 roadside assistance service.
Infinity offers an excellent website experience. Every page of the website is available in English and Spanish. You can obtain a quote online and even purchase insurance online if you like your quote. Additionally, you can view and manage your policy, make a payment, and file and view your claim online. Infinity’s coverage and discount information, however, is not listed on its website. Furthermore, Infinity has a downloadable app which will allow you to do all of this on your mobile device. From the app, you can manage your coverage, make a payment, access your ID cards and summon roadside assistance.
The Bottom Line
- Infinity Auto Insurance specializes in insuring nonstandard drivers and caters to the urban Hispanic community. The company makes efforts to give back to the Hispanic community. Furthermore, it has solid financial strength and is rated an A- by the Better Business Bureau.
- In addition to extremely high rates, Infinity also has an abnormally high complaint ratio according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
- Infinity also offers life, business, property, and umbrella insurance.