About Apollo Insurance Services (apolloinsuranceservices.com)
Apollo Insurance Services is a small insurance broker based in Chino Hills, California focusing on everything from auto insurance and identity theft protection to home warranties and special event coverage. Founded in 1969, the company now serves consumers in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Washington as well.
Consumers won’t find a large selection of insurance providers with Apollo; neither will they see some of the most well-known providers. Apollo works with a small handful of companies like Progressive, Travelers, Safeco, Mercury, NatGen Premier, and Encompass. Consumers interested in quotes from providers like State Farm, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, and GEICO will have to look elsewhere.
While getting car insurance quotes from an insurance broker has several benefits, the most important one depends on the number of insurance companies that the broker works with.
Apollo Insurance Ratings & Consumer Complaints
Apollo Insurance Services doesn’t have much of a presence in terms of reviews online. It’s not accredited or rated by the Better Business Bureau, nor is the company featured on other mainstream consumer review websites such as Clearsurance and HighYa.
How to Get Car Insurance Quotes With Apollo Insurance?
Apply for auto insurance quotes online or by phone. Be prepared to provide details about:
- Yourself and any other driver: full name; date of birth; gender; marital status; employment industry; occupation; accidents/violations/comprehensive losses in the last five years; physical address; email address; phone number; preferred method of contact.
- Your vehicle: Vehicle identification number (vin) OR vehicle make, model, year, body style; primary driver; primary use; estimated annual mileage.
- Your current and future car insurance policy: current insurance company, level, expiration date; date you want new policy to be effective; whether you want comprehensive and/or collision coverage; whether you want minimum, basic, better, or recommended coverage.
While I received only two auto insurance quotes (I chose to see minimum coverage policies), they were both below the average premiums for drivers in California. Thumbs up, Apollo!
Of course, consumers should note that their final premium quotes can change — for the better or worse — depending on what an agent finds on your credit and driving reports. Also, currently there isn’t an option to pull the trigger, so to speak, at the end of the quote process and the initial follow up email is just an overview of your information and quotes . Apollo states:
Thank you for visiting our website. Your quote is under review and we will contact you shortly. Please note the premiums are indications only. Your final quote may change based on a variety of characteristics and review by our professional insurance agents.
So, you need to either wait on an agent to contact you or call Apollo yourself.
The Pros & Cons of Getting Quotes from Apollo Insurance
- Small, customer service-oriented business.
- Easily access your account via the Apollo website.
- Provide many different types of insurance.
- Fun referral program.
- Don’t serve many states.
- Don’t work with many providers. If you want to compare quotes from several insurance companies and many of which are not in Apollo’s list, you may look elsewhere.
- Can’t purchase a policy online.
Types of Insurance Through Apollo Insurance
Apollo Insurance Services provides quotes for a variety of vehicle-related insurance, including:
- Auto Insurance.
- MexiPass Insurance.
- Motorcycle Insurance.
- Motor Home Insurance.
- Recreational Vehicle Insurance.
- Watercraft Insurance.
Additionally, Apollo provides quotes for:
- Homeowners Insurance.
- Renters Insurance.
- Personal Umbrella Insurance.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Commercial Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Home Warranty.
- Disaster Protection.
- Travel Insurance.
- Pet Insurance.
- Special Event Coverage.
- Legal Plans.
Although some customers might want a bigger selection of insurance providers — and the option to buy a policy online rather than wait on an agent to contact them — others will find Apollo’s small business-minded, customer service-oriented practices perfect. For those consumers who live in a state in which the company does business, Apollo might be worth getting a quote from — and going from there.